The artwork you choose affects the mood and feel of a space. It adds a personal touch which helps your house feel like your home.
These are our top 6 tips to help you choose a fabulous artwork for your home.
1. Before you commit to any particular piece, ask yourself:
• Where will the artwork go?
• What type of artwork appeals to you and suits the space? eg: Photographs, prints, posters, paintings in various media, ceramic art, original or reproduction.
• How big does the artwork need to be?
• If a painting or print, do you prefer artwork framed or unframed?
• What colours need to be in the artwork to help it harmonise with the existing decor?
2. An inexpensive option is to have a go at creating your own. You might have some beautiful photos of family, friends or scenery that can be printed on canvas or paper. Or if you’ve got a flair for the creative, you could try painting your own; definitely a personal touch!
3. Look online for stores with fabulous artworks and prints. Websites like Etsy can be great to discover new artists.
4. Local art shows and markets are also a fantastic way to find artworks. You will often be able to chat with the artist about their work too!
5. If you have a specific known artist in mind for your artwork, you will need to investigate galleries for original pieces. There are galleries showcasing artworks from both famous and emerging artists.
6. A great option to personalise your artwork is to commission a custom piece from an artist whose work you love, or one who is very versatile in their painting styles. This is also the perfect choice if you require a specific size or one with a customised colour palette.
If you’re still not sure if that artwork you love will work with your home décor, or you need help finding that extra special piece, give Design My Home a call on 0416 190 792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.